Stay focused on who you are
Life is filled with unknowns, there are the moments when things are all smooth sailing and then there are moments when things don’t go as planned. When you know yourself and who you are when the unexpected happens, it is easier to stay focused when tough times come around. When you are not to sure what to do here are a few gentle reminders for those times to guide your way.
A few reminders to yourself
- Be gentle with yourself and others – especially yourself when that inner critic comes along. Stay focused on who you are and don’t let your inner critic define you.
- Remember your thoughts create your feelings, become aware of any negative thoughts you might have, remember we all have negative thoughts, become aware of them and analyse why you are having them, are your thoughts valid, if not think about changing your thoughts to more uplifting and positive thoughts. Remember you are more than enough where you are right now.
- Be content with your moments and where you are right now.
- Be grateful and take note of the small things. It’s the small things that bring joy.
- There’s only one you, be yourself very well. You don’t have to compare yourself to others. You are good enough where you are right now in this moment. Stay true to your own giftings and strengths and know your weaknesses. When you know your weaknesses they become your strengths – work with them and accept them. Remember we all have weaknesses that we have to acknowledge and work with in our lives. It’s not the end all of the world, acknowledge them and move on.
- Take self-care to the next level. Take care of yourself, and not just by the basics of eating well and getting enough rest. Take care of your inner self, meet those needs as well as your external needs.
- Give yourself some quiet time, me time, tap into your inner self and give yourself some rest.
- Stay focused and be aware that it is all good even in the messy times. Hang in there things always work out, even if it takes a bit of time.
- You all can do hard things even when you think you can’t, it’s sometimes about putting one foot before the other and taking it one step at a time.
Remember through this all, keep focussing on who you really are, define your strengths acknowledge your weaknesses. Work with your fears, be fine with your emotions, in the end when you kept your focus on who you are, when the easy and the tough times come, it is easier to navigate the winding roads.
Take care Debbera xoxo