Ladies have you ever said you would go somewhere with a friend, yet afterwards realised you did not really want to go as you have other commitments or the moment is not with you?
Have you ever said you would do something for a friend and afterwards you thought “why did I ever say yes”. In the moment you think you can and afterwards you realise – “I don’t have the time” or “it is something I don’t really want to do”
But the question is….
- Do you go along with it and hate yourself for not being honest?
- Do you make an excuse nearer to the time?
- Do you own up to your mistake of saying yes and be truthful and say the word no?
- I’m sure at some point many of us have said yes when we really wanted to say the word no.
Maybe it’s because…
- You don’t want to hurt someone else’s feelings?
- You think someone will like you more if you say yes?
- You feel like someone has made it awkward for you to say no so you have to say yes?
- You go along with everyone else because you don’t want to be the odd one out?
- I’m sure there are many reasons why the word ‘yes’ is easier than saying the word ‘no’.
So ask yourself these questions?…
- Do you think you are being truthful when you are doing something you don’t want to do?
- How would you like it if someone wasn’t honest with to you?
- Are you living your life the way you want to be living it if you’re not being truthful to yourself?
When you do say no…
When you are saying NO to others – always be respectful to the other person – when you are saying YES and being truthful to yourself.
Take care Debbera xoxo