You are listening to creativecue’s podcast, episode 2. Today we are talking about how to read the Bible in your quiet time.
Hey, everybody, it’s Debbera here from a rainy Cape Town which is such a blessing as we have severe water restrictions because of drought. If this is your first time listening, welcome, notes can be found at creativecue.co.za
I want to share a few thoughts on reading the Word of God, today I’m sharing some more ideas on how to make reading your Bible a joyful experience.
- Have you ever thought about setting time aside for meditating in the Word. Taking a passage or a verse and meditate on that verse in your quiet time and let it flow through your mind every step you take in your day or before you go to sleep.
- Another way is to do a Word Study, this is where you use a concordance to look up all the passages a word is being used and then look for patterns or how the various passages expand your understanding of this verse, passage.
- This is where your creativity comes in, have you ever thought of drawing a mind map of a verse, what does the words mean to you, what is the other verses or words intersect with this verse or thought. Draw this in your journal.
- When you read a passage, rewrite and journal it as a poem be fearless you’ll be surprised by what you learn and what God drops into your spirit.
- Don’t be afraid about looking up a Greek or Hebrew word and the original meaning. This is how I’ve learned a few words that brought certain words closer to my heart.
I hope that you find these ideas helpful. Till next time.
Thanks for listening. Any questions? Find me at creativecue.co.za. take care, lotsa love!