Start your day differently today
You probably woke up this morning with an alarm going off next to the side of your bed, and you might be thinking where is the snooze button I need a couple more minutes.
Most of the time when you do wake up you are not that focused or thinking about what is going to happen in the next couple of minutes or even day. It’s when that instinctual rhythm of the morning routine comes in and you focus on brushing your teeth, getting breakfast ready, even contemplating eating breakfast, going to catch a bus or train or drive to work, is there petrol in the car. You know – the daily stuff. Yet, this part of the day is the most important part of your day, the way you wake up and what you do next. This state of mind is what you take with you into the rest of your day.
I want you to think about what you can do in how to start your day differently. Here are a few ideas to incorporate in your day.
- Start to think about your day differently. Sure it might have it’s problems during the day, despite not knowing what is going to happen, wake up with that sense of it’s going to be a great wonderful day today.
- Wake up a bit earlier in the morning, even if it is only ten minutes. In those minutes, relax your body and don’t think of anything. During this time of relaxation read your morning devotions this will calm your body and soul and prepare you for the day ahead.
- Count your blessings and be grateful for what you have. Focussing on these thoughts in the morning makes you feel so much lighter, calmer and happier.
- Journal your thoughts, think about what you can do today to make it better than yesterday. None of us are perfect think about the mistakes you made and ideas how not to repeat those mistakes.
- Yes, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, the experts say that after eating breakfast you will be more calmer, your mind sharper and you will have more energy and confidence for your day. Now who can argue with the experts.
- Open windows. Let the fresh air inside. Welcome your morning inside, the sounds of a town awakening even a bit of the cold.
- Meditate for 5 minutes. You can make this a prayer to start your day, even after a nights sleep you can still feel all muddled. This is your time to simply give yourself the space and time to be.
- Shower in the mornings if you can, this boosts your metabolism for the day.
- Stay informed. Listen to a podcast, radio broadcast this might inspire you to do something different for the day.
- Think about something, anything that you have to look forward to in your day.
- Wear something bolder than you usually do.
- Take your camera or use your phone and take photographs where ever you go and instagram it.
- Talk to people you don’t know. Have real conversations ask them about their work their families what they like.
- Learn new words from a dictionary and use them three times a day.
- You are allowed to have a do-over day.
Dot down in your journal what you could do to make your day amazing.
Make your days to come awsome.
Lotsa love. Debbera